CHESTER SPRINGS, PA — In partnership with Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show Grounds, SALT Performing Arts presents “SALT Beyond The Walls,” a drive-in live concert style summer series starting Friday, June 12, 2020, and running through August 16, 2020.
After months of virtual performances, SALT is thrilled to provide live performances once again with it’s newest endeavor, SALT Beyond The Walls. Kicking off the series with Broadway Showstoppers, for four summer weekends, a different group of SALT performers will sing songs around a different theme. In support of securing the equity of rights and elimination of race-based discrimination, SALT will be donating 20% of the proceeds from the opening weekend performances to the NAACP.
The drive-in theatre will work as follows:
- Admission is $25/vehicle. Reservations must be made online prior to the performance at: https://www.saltpa.com/beyondthewalls.
- Admission to the fairgrounds will start an hour before the event start time.
- Each vehicle should print out their ticket and place it visibly on the front dashboard/window.
- Upon entering the fairgrounds, attendants will guide vehicles for parking around the newly constructed fairgrounds stage and let people know to which radio station to tune.
- Audio will be provided via an FM radio transmission.
- On-site concessions will be available for delivery to your vehicle.
- Binoculars are encouraged.
- Attendance will be limited to 155 vehicles.
- Show will last approximately 90 minutes. There are NO BATHROOMS at the Fairgrounds.
- A live event chat will be posted for each show on SALT’s Facebook page.
- Audition times will be announced via SALT’s Facebook Page.
“The current restrictions have inspired us to really think outside of the box and get creative with how we can still connect the community through live entertainment,” comments Lauren McComas, President and Artistic Director of SALT Performing Arts. “We’re excited to journey back to the good ol’ drive-in days. Partnering with Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show is a win-win since the pandemic caused both of our organizations to cancel several events. We can’t wait to perform live again after months of providing weekly virtual performances via our Cooped Up Cabaret series. Opening weekend will be even more special as we will be donating 20 percent of the proceeds to the NAACP to support inclusion and love to our friends of color.”
SALT performers for the June 12 opening weekend include: Liana Henrie, Zagara Sims, Josh Calderon, Kai Kasiguran, Emily Merow, Alessandra Fanelli, Lavar Banks and Mike Styer.
Opening Weekend show schedule:
- Friday, June 12 @ 6 PM
- Saturday, June 13 @ 6 PM
Other SALT Beyond the Walls weekends are:
- June 19 – 21, Popular Radio Songs Through the Decades
- July 24 -25, Kids on Broadway
- August 14 – 16, Songs from the Silver Screen
Since the quarantine began, in lieu of live performances, SALT hosted Cooped Up Cabaret, a “live” premiere of SALT performers singing songs that have been chosen earlier in the week via a poll on which SALT followers vote. Friday, June 12, will be the first time SALT will be able showcase its talent live for an audience again.
The mission of SALT Performing Arts is to provide live community theatre productions, Playhouses for Preschoolers, summer/year-round theatre camps for kids, dinner theatre, and more. With excellence as the standard, SALT, a non-profit organization, believes that the “community” is paramount in community theatre and strives to foster an all-inclusive atmosphere that promotes a positive, uplifting experience to each individual. SALT involves people of all ages from all walks of life.
If you are interested in learning more about SALT Performing Arts, making a donation, or being a sponsor please email [email protected] SALT Performing Arts, Chester Springs, PA 19425 is organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes with a non-profit 501(c)(3) status. For more information visit our website saltpa.com.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.