TO WRITE FOR US!
Want to write for MyChesCo?
This is an opportunity to get some huge exposure for yourself, or your business or organization.
Since its humble beginnings in 2017, MyChesCo’s focus has been to inform, inspire and engage Chester County’s communities through informative content and social engagement. As a result, we have garnered thousands of regular readers.
MyChesCo always welcomes having new guest writers join our contributor pool. We only ask that you have a strong desire to produce quality articles that readers will find informative.
What kind of content do we publish?
MyChesCo is an independent Chester County news and information platform. We are a hyper-local, community-specific news, information, and engagement network. So, our basic standards are simple.
- Keep things relevant – While we do publish relevant national and state information, our readers come to MyChesCo for Chester County news and information, to learn about area events, and to discuss local topics. So, the more relevant your article is to Chester County, the better.
- No commercial content – While guest articles are a great opportunity for you or your business to expand your audience and increase brand recognition, articles must be informational and avoid blatant advertising and marketing language.
- No abusive content – Articles containing abusive, defamatory, or illegal content will be deleted. Examples of disallowed content include:
- Sexually suggestive content,
- Hate speech, credible threats or direct attacks on an individual or group,
- Content that contains self-harm or excessive violence,
- Fake news or conspiracy theories,
- Be awesome – We love great writing and content that is worthwhile to Chester County. Share your knowledge and expertise to your neighbors.
What do you get from writing guest articles?
Here is what you get as a guest writer on MyChesCo:
- A prominent byline linked to a Facebook-like profile page that includes your author bio, links to your website and social profiles, and other important information you may want to share.
- Contextual links to your website. This means you may receive backlinks within your articles. There are many websites that do not offer this.
- Promotion and distribution of your article across MyChesCo’s social channels, email lists, and other outlets. Again, this not something many other sites offer, at least not for free.
How does that sound to you?
How to begin submitting articles?
- If you are not already a member, you must register and create an account.
- An email will be sent with instructions on how to log in.
- Once logged in, please update your profile with pertinent information, including your photo, website and social media links, and bio.
- If (for any reason) we believe you are submitting content under a dubious or fake online persona, the article will be rejected.
- Once you are ready, you may visit the Pitch an Article to MyChesCo page to submit your article.
- Typically, submissions are reviewed within 24 hours or by the next business day.
- We do read every submission but do not have the ability to respond to everyone. However, we will reach out to those approved fairly quickly.
- Approved submissions are scheduled for the next available publishing slot. Consistent writers may be given the option to have their articles run on specific days and times.