CHESTER COUNTY, PA — United Way of Chester County, in partnership with Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, is accepting applications for its Mobile Home Tax Reassessment initiative for the 2023 season. This crucial program offers free assistance to mobile homeowners in Chester County to file property tax reassessment appeals, and will do all the work and pay the fees on behalf of the homeowners in the program. To help spread awareness, United Way of Chester County will be hosting 6 in-person events. Assistance will be available in both English and Spanish.
|Tuesday, April 18 | 5-7 PM
Avon Grove Library
|Monday, April 24 | 5-7 PM
|Thursday, May 18 | 5-7 PM
Phoenixville Public Library
|Wednesday, June 21 | 5-7 PM
|Thursday, July 13 | 5-7 PM
Phoenixville Public Library
|Wednesday, July 19 | 5-7 PM
Mobile homes depreciate over time, unlike other forms of real estate. Because the tax assessment system makes no provision for that reality, mobile home taxes are accurate only in the first years after purchase and become increasingly inaccurate each year thereafter. Ultimately, some of these homeowners end up with a tax liability several times higher than reasonably expected. Mobile homes are the only form of property that require periodic assessment appeals to maintain equitable agreement to actual value.
“We were so grateful for the quick, courteous service provided,” said Andrea, 2022 program participant. “Our taxes were lowered significantly, which was a huge help to us!”
To be considered for the 2023 reassessments, visit www.UnitedForMobileHomes.com and fill out the reassessment form. Once the form is complete:
- United Way of Chester County will contact the client to schedule an intake appointment with a representative from Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania. The deadline to fill out this form is July 13, 2023 as the Chester County Reassessment filing window is May 1- August 1.
- A paralegal will complete the forms and will contact the client for their signature.
- A volunteer from United Way of Chester County will take photos of the home for documentation.
- All forms will be submitted between May 1- August 1, 2023 to the County Reassessment Office.
- Clients will be notified of the results of their reassessment appeals in October 2023.
If you recently appealed your taxes, you should wait between 2-5 years to reappeal, based on the year of your mobile home. To learn more about the Mobile Home Tax Reassessment project, visit www.UnitedForMobileHomes.com or call 877-429-5994 for assistance in English or 610-436-4510 for assistance in Spanish.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.