WEST CHESTER, PA — 100% of QR code donations will go to local fire departments, police departments, EMS and health care workers when you sip, shop and dine in West Chester this weekend. It’s all part of First Responders & Health Care Heroes Weekend coming up December 10-12 during Chester County Hospital Lights Up Holiday Weekends in West Chester.
“This is an initiative we’re promoting all month long, but we’re really taking time to focus on it this weekend to ensure the health care heroes who have supported our community throughout the pandemic receive our gratitude this holiday season,” says Katie Walker, President of the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce, the organizer of Chester County Hospital Lights Up Holiday Weekends in West Chester.
Visitors to West Chester can donate by scanning the QR codes visible on sidewalk signs throughout the borough of West Chester, as well as on postcards displayed at store checkout lines and restaurants. Donations are also welcome any time at GreaterWestChester.com.
The free weekend of festivities includes the following, as visitors enjoy block after block of holiday lights, gorgeous holiday window displays and the one-of-a-kind shops and restaurants that make West Chester so vibrant:
Friday, December 10
- 5 p.m. – Classical guitarist Brad Rau performs holiday favorites at Taylor’s Music on 116 W. Gay St., West Chester
- 6 p.m.-7 p.m. – Holidays Around the World at Oscar Lasko YMCA (1 E. Chestnut St.). Take a journey with us, explore different cultures and how they celebrate holidays around the world! Free and registration is required for 3 time slots at https://ymcagbw.org/events/holidays-around-world
Saturday, December 11
- 1 p.m.-3 p.m. – FREE Hot Chocolate and Coffee at Founds-Feryo Cremation And Burial Services, LLC Christopher Feryo F.D. located at 229 S. High St.., West Chester.
- 2 p.m.-3 p.m. – Making Spirits Bright Holiday Music Series featuring Fugett Middle School Chorale and Notre Dame Women’s Chorale outside the Historic Chester County Courthouse on 2 North High Street
- 3 p.m. – Santa is Coming! Wave to Santa as he tours the borough on a fire truck!
Sunday, December 12
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Touch a Truck! Ambulance, police and West Chester Fire Department trucks along with construction vehicles will gather in the parking lot at Chestnut and Church Streets in downtown West Chester. Meet firefighters and sign a thank-you banner to let local heroes know how much we appreciate their service!
- 11 a.m.-3p.m. – From artisan charcuterie boards to hot chocolate bombs, The Hot Chocolate Holiday Market will be held at the Historic Charles A. Melton Arts & Education Center. Featuring more than 25 local vendors offering bath, body, craft, DIY, delicacies, goods, unique services and so much more! Food trucks, Bubba’s BBQ and Maggie Moo’s. Admission is free, including kids activities and photos with Santa! Brought to you by the Cocoa Moms of West Chester.
- 3-5 p.m. – Selfies with Santa at align.Space on 2 West Market Street, West Chester during a community Open House. Santa, hot chocolate, crafts, holiday music and more!
For more details on daily events, visitors should be sure to check an updated schedule at GWCC.org.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
This article is intended for informational, entertainment or educational purposes only and should not be construed as advice, guidance or counsel. It is provided without warranty of any kind.