CHESTER SPRINGS, PA — Annie, the irrepressible comic strip heroine, takes center stage in one of the world’s best-loved musicals in SALT’s first 2021 show with in-person or via live-stream viewing.
Based on the popular comic strip by Harold Gray, Annie has become a worldwide phenomenon and was the winner of seven Tony Awards, including Best Musical. Audiences of all ages will delight in taking the journey from an orphanage down on the Lower East Side, to a mansion on Fifth Avenue, to the bright lights of Broadway. SALT’s fresh production with incredible talent, whimsical set, sound, lighting, and fanciful costumes allow you to experience the magic of Annie’s universal quest for family and belonging, whether you have grown up loving her or you are meeting her for the very first time.
“It is definitely time to clear away the cobwebs and the sorrow,” expresses Lauren McComas, President and Artistic Director of SALT Performing Arts. “Given the Covid restrictions and limitations of the last 13 months, Annie’s message of hope and optimism in the face of challenging times is relevant and timely. Annie’s got grit, and her story is one that we hope will excite, challenge, and inspire audiences of all ages as this role model of a girl demonstrates resourcefulness, ingenuity, and unflappable passion no matter the circumstances. With in-person and live-streamed tickets available, we hope everyone will be ready to stick up their chin and grin once more!”
Cast and crew of Annie:
Cast: Lorelei Miller (Annie, Cast A), Eloise McComas (Annie, Cast B), Victor Velez (Oliver Warbucks), Lauren Paige Bristow (Grace Farrell), Wren Fuhrman (Miss Hannigan), Matt Josbena (Rooster Hannigan), Sara Helmers (Lily St. Regis), Adult Ensemble: Daniel Isajiw, Doug Shimell, Danny Murphy, Drew Kalkiewicz, Michael Meck, Donna Dougherty, Ashley Zammetti, Heather Kalkiewicz, and Karly Thomas. Poppy Tulig (Wacky, Cast A), Emilia Parker (Wacky, Cast B), Amber Kalkiewicz (Sandy), Cast A orphans: Sophia Patriarch (Molly), Madeline Dixon (Pepper), Frances Rose Foy (Duffy), Cecily Vu (July), Sophia Sims (Kate), Kaitlin Wilkin (Tessie). Cast A Orphan Ensemble: Addison Kunsch, Chloe Kunsch, Abby Leiboff, Emily Leiboff, Elena Christides. Cast B orphans: Nella Hilden (Molly), Makena Kelsey (Pepper), Emily Starke (Duffy), Avery Ahlmer (July), Sophie Rivell (Kate), Aliyeh Ashlie (Tessie). Cast B Orphan Ensemble: Phoenix Azure, Madelyn Ahlmer, Maeve Sasse, Kaylee Siggelkow, Emma Rich.
Crew: Lauren McComas (Director, Producer, and Casting Director), Mike Toolan (Music Director and Principal Conductor), Emily Merow (Assistant Music Director and Associate Conductor), Zach Reynolds (Choreographer), Zane Zangwill (Assistant Director), Kathy DeVries (Costumer Designer), Robbie Merow (Set, Lighting, and Sound Designer), Laurey Zoladz (Props Master), Chelsea Barnett (Stage Manager), Stephen Fisher (Assistant Stage Manager), David Craig (Master Carpenter), Mike McComas (Master Carpenter), Judy Elliott (Marketing Director/House Manager), Michael Styer (Photographer), Ronnie Hernandez (Assistant to the Director), and Judi Kalkiewicz (Assistant to Sandy).
Pit Orchestra: Nicholas Burbo (Piano), James Devot (Bass), Jen Devitis (Percussion), Bob Carpency (Woodwinds), Jez Godin (Trombone), Charity Harter (Tuba/Euphonium)
Details for Annie are as follows:
- Ticket prices: $30/adult, $22/child. In-Person Tickets can be purchased here: anniethemusical
- Seating is at reduced capacity.
- All ticket sales are final.
- If you need handicap accessibility, please choose seats in the Front Row A and email [email protected] so that we can make arrangements to let you in the back accessible door to avoid stairs.
- If you book your tickets on a mobile device, the system will choose the best available for you. If you book your tickets on a computer, you have the option of choosing your own seats.
- Audience and staff are required to wear face masks at all times before, during, and after the show.
- Performers will be wearing transparent face shields while performing.
- For more info check out our FAQ page.
- In-Person ticket Covid informational waiver can be found here.
- Live-Stream Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/48885
- When you purchase a live-stream ticket, you will be emailed a link to the stream with an exclusive stream access code, unique to you, for the date and time of the show you selected at purchase.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Live-stream access is just like attending the real show – the platform will not allow you to pause, rewind, or access the video after the show is over. Since it is live, there will be an intermission the same length as the one experienced by in-person attendees. Don’t sign in late, or you’ll miss the beginning of the show! We do not offer refunds for missed shows/unused live-stream access.
- The live-stream is via the ShowTix4U web browser platform, which requires a computer or mobile device with an internet browser to access. Your access code will only work on 1 device at the same time.
- For more info check out our FAQ page.
- Friday, April 30: 7 PM
- Saturday, May 1: 2 PM & 7 PM
- Sunday, May 2: 2 PM<
- Friday, May 7: 7 PM
- Saturday, May 8: 2 PM & 7 PM
- Sunday, May 9: 2 PM
- Friday, May 14: 7 PM
- Saturday, May 15: 2 PM & 7 PM
- Sunday, May 16: 2 PM
Ever since the shutdown in March of 2020, SALT has adapted to the pandemic restrictions and circumstances to keep their community connected and the arts alive. Despite the challenges through it all, SALT has brought the community connected via online Cooped Up Cabarets, Beyond the Walls outside drive-in concerts, an outdoor Good Ol Fashioned Variety Show, and an outside production of The Last Five Years, an indoor production of Nunsense with performers in plexiglass boxes, Rise UP, a 6-year anniversary fundraiser made available via live-streaming and A Christmas Spectacular via a video stream.
The mission of SALT Performing Arts is to provide live community theatre productions, Playhouses for Preschoolers, summer/year-round theatre camps for kids, dinner theatre, and more. With excellence as the standard, SALT, a non-profit organization, believes that the “community” is paramount in community theatre and strives to foster an all-inclusive atmosphere that promotes a positive, uplifting experience for each individual. SALT involves people of all ages from all walks of life. If you are interested in learning more about SALT Performing Arts, making a donation, or being a sponsor, please email us at [email protected]
SALT Performing Arts, Chester Springs, PA 19425 is organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes with a non-profit 501(c)(3) status. For more information visit our website (saltpa.com).
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.