WEST CHESTER, PA —Even if you missed Friday’s West Chester Christmas Parade, which attracted up to 20,000 people, there are four more weekends packed with holiday fun in downtown West Chester. Now through New Year’s, visitors to historic downtown West Chester can enjoy gingerbread houses galore – and so much more – during Chester County Hospital Lights Up Holiday Weekends in West Chester.
“The hundreds of volunteers and sponsors who made the return of our West Chester Christmas Parade so incredible have also ensured that we can enjoy free weekends of holiday festivities – all month long — that invite visitors to sip, shop and dine under West Chester’s thousands of twinkling lights and decorations,” said Katie Walker, President of the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce.
- All this weekend: The return of the Delphi Wealth Management Professional Gingerbread House Competition! Professional builders include Cakes and Candies by Maryellen, Carlino’s, John Serock Catering, Kilwins West Chester, Yori’s Church Street Bakery and the 2021 winner, The Master’s Baker. Visit www.gwcc.org for more details as well as voting.
- Friday, December 9, 3:30 pm-4:30 pm: Santa will visit S&T Bank at the 2 N. Church Street branch. Stop by to say hello to Santa and enjoy downtown West Chester.
- Friday, December 9, 5 pm-7 pm & Saturday, Dec. 10, 12 pm to 2 pm: Dressed in Victorian attire, the West Chester Borough Balladeer Carolers will roam around downtown West Chester and perform.
- Saturday, December 10, 2 pm-3 pm: The “Making Spirits Bright Holiday Music Series,” sponsored by Oakbourne Advisors, will feature Henderson HS Jazz Band, Peirce MS Jazz Band and Fugett MS Chorale, with sound equipment donated by Taylor’s Music. Enjoy this free concert on the steps of the historic courthouse on High Street while West Chester’s 26-foot holiday tree is glowing.
- Saturday, December 10, 3 pm: Santa on The Fire Truck sponsored by Tolsdorf Oil Lube Express. Every Saturday, Santa will be escorted through the streets of downtown West Chester by First West Chester Fire Company.
- Saturday, December 10, 3 pm-5 pm: FREE Photos with Santa and FREE hot chocolate and coffee at M&T Bank on 10 N. High Street. Santa will arrive at 3:30 pm after stepping off of his ride on the fire truck that afternoon!
Dozens of more weekend activities are listed on the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce’s website at www.gwcc.org.
2022 West Chester Christmas Parade Photos
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.