KING OF PRUSSIA, PA — Interstate 95 and Interstate 76 are among several state highways to be restricted in Philadelphia, Bucks, and Chester counties for bridge inspections, announced the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
The work schedules and locations are:
- Tuesday, October 12, from 9 AM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on westbound I-76 between the South Street and the I-676 (Vine Street Expressway) interchanges;
- Wednesday, October 13, from 9 AM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on eastbound I-76 between the I-676 (Vine Street Expressway) and the South Street interchanges;
- Monday, October 18, through Friday, October 22, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a left lane closure is scheduled on the northbound deck on the I-95 Girard Point Bridge between the Enterprise Avenue and Broad Street interchanges; and
- Wednesday, October 20, through Friday, October 22, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a left lane closure is scheduled on the southbound deck on the I-95 Girard Point Bridge between the Broad Street and the Enterprise Avenue interchanges.
- Wednesday, October 13, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a lane closure is scheduled on Philmont Avenue between Sterner Mill Road and Brinkmann’s Way in Lower Southampton Township.
- Thursday, October 14, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a lane closure is scheduled on Route 113 (Gay Street) between Bridge Street and Vanderslice Street in Phoenixville Borough; and
- Friday, October 15, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a lane closure is scheduled on Route 352 (Sproul Road) between U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) and King Road in East Whiteland Township.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because backups and slowdowns will occur. All scheduled activities are weather-dependent.
The inspections are part of PennDOT’s program to inspect bridges at least once every two years. The inspections ensure the safety and overall condition of the structures.
Motorists can check current road conditions by visiting the MyChesCo Traffic Center.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.