Construction is scheduled to begin Monday, June 24, on a project to rehabilitate the bridge carrying Boot Road over Route 100 in West Whiteland Township, Chester County, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
Due to the nature of the repairs, Boot Road will be closed and detoured between King Road and Pottstown Pike beginning Monday, June 24, through the completion of the project scheduled for late August.
During the bridge closure, Boot Road motorists will be directed to use Pottstown Pike, U.S. 322, and Phoenixville Pike. Local access will be maintained up to the construction zone.
On Monday, June 17, through Friday, June 21, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM, a single lane closure is scheduled on Route 100 between Pottstown Pike and Kirkland Avenue for conduit removal and concrete repairs.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because slowdowns will occur.
As part of this bridge improvement project, PennDOT’s contractor will remove and replace the existing parapet and bridge deck, perform abutment and guiderail repairs, and pave bridge approaches.
Built in 1968, the single-span box beam bridge is 94 feet long and 45 feet wide. The structure carries an average of 13,918 vehicles a day.
The Boot Road bridge is one of nine structures in Chester and Montgomery counties that PennDOT is repairing under a $7,296,296 project financed by Act 89, the state’s transportation plan.
Structure currently under construction include:
- Main Street over Norfolk Southern Railroad in Limerick Township, Montgomery County.
Structures completed under this project include:
- Route 611 over Pennypack Creek in Upper Moreland, Montgomery County;
- Route 611 over the Pennsylvania Turnpike ramp in Upper Moreland, Montgomery County;
- Old Lancaster Road over Amtrak in Tredyffrin Township, Chester County;
- Ross Fording Road over Octoraro Creek in West Fallowfield Township, Chester County;
- Quakertown Road over Macoby Creek in Upper Hanover Township, Montgomery County; and
- Route 63 (Welsh Road) over Norfolk Southern Railroad in Upper Dublin and Upper Moreland townships, Montgomery County.
The other bridge in this rehabilitation project include:
- Whitford Road over Valley Creek in West Whiteland Township, Chester County.
Work on the entire project is expected to be completed in August 2020.
Loftus Construction, Inc. of Cinnaminson, N.J., is the general contractor on this bridge improvement project that is financed with 100 percent state funds.
Chester County motorists can check current road conditions by visiting the MyChesCo Traffic Center.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.