EAST NOTTINGHAM TWP, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation has reportedly reopened 5th Street between Waterway Road and Little Elk Creek Road in East Nottingham Township, Chester County, following the replacement of the culvert carrying 5th Street over a branch of Little Elk Creek.
The new box culvert, which replaced the original structure built in 1924, carries an average of 1, 479 vehicles daily. Moreover, the work was one of seven structures in Bucks, Chester, and Montgomery counties that PennDOT repaired/replaced under a $6.5 million project financed with 100 percent state funds.
Loftus Construction, Inc. of Cinnaminson, N.J., is the general contractor on the bridge/culvert improvement project.
More For You
- Get Ready for State Highway Restrictions Next Week
- Traffic Delays Expected: PennDOT to Restrict Several Roads Next Week
- Route 1 Corridor Update Breakfast Meeting: October 6, 2022
- PennDOT Reopens Little Washington Road in East Brandywine Township
- U.S. 202 in Chester County Among Several Highways Restricted for Construction in the Region
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.