WEST CHESTER, PA — West Chester Police have made an arrest in connection with a shooting incident that took place on August 23.
Authorities state that on Monday, August 23, 2021, at approximately 1:55 am, the Officers were dispatched to the area of the 50 block of West Gay Street for the report of shots fired. Their investigation revealed that there was an altercation inside of a bar in the block, and it continued out on to West Gay Street. A subject, later identified as Jayronn Harris, a 25-year-old black male from Brookhaven, PA, was observed firing four shots from a handgun. Two of these shots struck a business in the 50 block of W Gay St.
On September 01, 2021, a warrant was issued for Harris. On September 09, 2021, Harris was located by Chester Police Department and was arrested without incident.
Harris has been charged with the following offenses:
- 18 PACC 2702a1 Aggravated Assault (1 count) (F1)
- 18 PACC 2702a4 Aggravated Assault (1 count) (F2)
- 18 PACC 2701a1 Simple Assault (1 count) (M2)
- 18 PACC 2701a3 Simple Assault (1 count) (M2)
- 18 PACC 2705 Recklessly Endangering Another Person (1 count) (M2)
- 18 PACC 2706a1 Terroristic Threats (1 count) (M3)
- 18 PACC 5501.1 Riot (1 count) (F3)
- 18 PACC 6106a1 Firearms not to be carried without a license (1 count) (F3)
- 18 PACC 908.1a3 Prohibited Offensive Weapons (1 count) (M1)
- 18 PACC 907a Possessing Instruments of Crime (1 count) (M1)
- 18 PACC 3304a1 Criminal Mischief (1 count) (M2)
He waived extradition to Chester County and was arraigned on September 10, 2021, at District Court 15-1-01. Harris was remanded to Chester County Prison after being unable to post $500,000 cash bail.
Information is subject to change at any time. All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.