WEST CHESTER, PA — West Chester Police have arrested 39-year-old Cesar Martinez-Degante of West Chester after a stabbing incident on September 14, 2022.
Authorities state that officers responded to the 200 block of N Everhart Ave at 12:28 AM for the report of a stabbing and made contact with Martinez-Degante, who was fleeing from the residence. He discarded a large knife as officers approached him and was subsequently arrested for aggravated assault and related charges.
Martinez-Degante has been charged with the following offenses:
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon (1 count)
- Simple Assault (1 count)
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person
- Possessing instruments of Crime
- Prohibited Offensive Weapons (1 count)
- Criminal Mischief
- Endangering the Welfare of Children
Martinez was transported to Chester County Prison following the incident. A preliminary hearing is pending at Chester County Magisterial District Court 15-1-01.
Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
More For You
- PA State Police Investigating Theft of 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
- Burglars Steal Appliances from Ryan Homes Construction Site
- State Police Investigating Theft in West Bradford Township, Chester County
- West Whiteland Police Seek Suspects in Credit Card Fraud Case
- Oxford Man Fails to Appear on Weapons Charges, Bench Warrant Issued
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.