OXFORD, PA — In the early evening of July 24, 2022, a hit and run accident occurred at the intersection of South Third Street and Hodgson Street in Oxford.
The striking vehicle fled the area at high speed, failing to stop for approximately 9 miles before the victim stopped following them for safety reasons. Police were not able to make contact with the fleeing vehicle, but were able to obtain a registration plate from the victim. After further investigation, it was determined that Eric Lloan Bernal, age 26 of Oxford was the operator of the vehicle during the accident. Bernal has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident and multiple other traffic offenses.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Philadelphia Man Charged with Assault and Resisting Arrest in West Chester
- Drexel Hill Man Arrested Following Confrontation with West Chester Police
- Stolen Check, Forged Signature: Suspect Identified and Wanted for Arrest
- West Whiteland Police Launches Theft Investigation: Suspect Caught on Camera
- Phoenixville Man Guilty of Fatal Drug Delivery