WEST CHESTER, PA — On Wednesday, Judge Alita Rovito sentenced 31-year-old Matthew Myers of Coatesville to 2½ -8 years in prison for three domestic violence incidents that happened in front of his young children in 2020 and 2021, announced Chester County District Attorney Deb Ryan. A jury found the defendant guilty of simple assault, trespassing, harassment, and terroristic threats in May 2022.
“Domestic violence has no place in our society or inside our homes, particularly when young and vulnerable children are present,” said Ryan. “Matthew Myers repeatedly assaulted the victim, but she repeatedly contacted Coatesville to report it. That’s what it takes to stop domestic violence – courage, and fortitude. Hopefully, the victim can rest easier knowing the defendant is behind bars.”
Information presented in court showed that:
- In Aug. 2020, the defendant assaulted the victim at her house in Coatesville; the victim suffered a head concussion.
- In Mar. 2021, the defendant violated a Protection From Abuse (PFA) order by returning to the victim’s house and harassing her father.
- In July 2021, the defendant again violated the PFA by going to the victim’s house and threatening to have someone beat her up.
Coatesville Police are credited with the investigation which led to the successful prosecution of Myers. ADAs Dan Yarnall and Madeline Troutman were assigned the prosecutors by the Chester County District Attorney’s Office.
Feel unsafe? Contact the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County at 888-711-6270 or 610-431-1430 or 911 if you are in immediate danger.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Woman Wanted for Access Device Fraud, Identity Theft, and More
- Police Investigating Two Separate Retail Thefts from Giant Food Store
- West Whiteland Police Are Searching for Identity Theft Suspect
- Former West Chester-based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- 3 Suspects Sought in Theft from Old Navy Store in Exton
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.