WEST CHESTER, PA — West Chester Police say that on July 29, 2022, an investigation began into an air gun fight that occurred in the 100 block of E. Market Street.
As a result of that investigation, an arrest warrant was obtained for Shabazz Ray, a 43-year-old man from West Chester. On August 3, officers served the arrest warrant in the 50 block of S. Matlack Street and Ray resisted officers during the arrest. He was found to be in possession of cocaine once in custody and transported to the West Chester Police Station where he was processed and later transported to the Chester County Prison.
Ray is charged with the following offenses:
- Propulsion of Missiles into an Occupied Vehicle or onto a Roadway
- Resisting Arrest
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
A preliminary hearing is pending at Chester County Magisterial District Court 15-1-04.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Woman Wanted for Access Device Fraud, Identity Theft, and More
- Police Investigating Two Separate Retail Thefts from Giant Food Store
- West Whiteland Police Are Searching for Identity Theft Suspect
- Former West Chester-based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- 3 Suspects Sought in Theft from Old Navy Store in Exton
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.