DELAWARE COUNTY, PA — Single and double lane closures are scheduled at night next week on Interstate 95 in Delaware County between the Route 352/Route 320 (Exit 6) and Philadelphia International Airport (Exit 12) interchanges for milling, patching and bridge repair under a project to rehabilitate pavement and repair 15 structures on more than 11 miles of the interstate in Lower Chichester, Upper Chichester, Chester, Ridley and Tinicum townships, the City of Chester and Upland and Ridley Park boroughs, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
The work schedule is:
- Monday, August 1, through Thursday, August 4, a single lane closure will be in place from 7:00 PM to 6:00 AM, followed by a double lane closure from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM on sections of northbound and southbound I-95;
- Friday, August 5, a single lane closure will be in place from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM, followed by a double lane closure from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM on sections of northbound and southbound I-95; and
- Saturday, August 6, a single lane closure will be in place from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM, followed by a double lane closure from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM on sections of northbound I-95.
In addition, the ramps from northbound I-95 to Ridley Park (Exit 8) and Route 420 (Exit 9A/9B) will be closed and detoured on Monday, August 1, through Saturday, August 6, from 7:00 PM to 6:00 AM or 7:00 AM the following morning. Northbound I-95 motorists will be directed to follow the posted detour routes.
Motorists are being advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
Allan Myers, Inc. of Worcester, Montgomery County is the general contractor on the $73 million project, which is financed with 80% federal and 20% state funds. The entire project is expected to be completed in Summer 2024.
- Detour: Galloway Road to Close Between Neshaminy Creek and the Pennsylvania Turnpike
- U.S. 1 Lane Closures Next Week: Motorists Should Allow Extra Time and Expect Delays
- Motorist Advisory: Bridge Construction on I-95/I-295 in Bucks County
- Expect Delays on Hulmeville Avenue in Penndel Borough, Bucks County
- Left Lane Closure Scheduled for I-76 in Lower Merion Township
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.