WILMINGTON, DE — Wilmington Police have arrested a man in connection with several theft incidents.
Authorities state that on July 31 at approximately 11:00 a.m., police responded to the Trolley Square area for a shoplifting in progress complaint. Upon arrival, police made contact with 33-year-old Deshawn Richardson who was identified as the suspect. Richardson was taken into custody without incident. Through investigative measures, police were able to identify Richardson as a suspect in connection with two additional theft incidents that occurred on July 29th and July 30th.
Richardson was charged with the following offenses:
- Shoplifting Over $1,500
- Shoplifting Under $1,500 (2 counts)
He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $2,000 secured bail.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Armenian Man Arrested for Stealing Vehicle in West Chester
- Man Arrested on Felony Retail Theft and Related Charges
- 35-Year-Old Man Charged with Sexual Assault of a Minor
- State Police: Suspect Steals Victim’s Purse, Attempts to Commit Fraud at King of Prussia Mall
- Can You Identify This Suspect? Police Need Your Help
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.