WILMINGTON, DE — Wilmington Police have arrested a Bear man on gun and gun charges.
Authorities state that on September 1 at approximately 5:02 p.m., members of the Street Crime Unit were in the 200 block of Cedar Street when they observed 21-year-old Emmanuel Hampton, of Bear, acting suspiciously. Police made contact with Hampton and following a brief investigation, recovered a .45 caliber handgun with an obliterated serial number, 40.05 grams of cocaine, and $3,485 in currency. Police took Hampton into custody without incident.
Hampton was charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in Tier 3 Quantity
- Possession of a Firearm while also in possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Firearm with an Obliterated Serial Number
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Possession of Marijuana
- Criminal Trespass (3rd Degree)
He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $45,100 cash-only bail.
Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
More For You
- Inmate Pleads Guilty to Possessing Homemade Knife in Prison
- Man Charged With Covid-Relief Fraud, Credit Card Fraud, and Identity Theft
- Three Indicted for Distributing Fentanyl and Methamphetamine Resulting In Death
- Man Pleads Guilty to Federal Drug Trafficking and Guns Possession Charges
- Man Pleads Guilty to Social Security Fraud
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.