WILMINGTON, DE — Wilmington Police have arrested a man on drug charges following an investigation.
Authorities state that on September 15 at approximately 2:27 p.m. members of the Drug, Organized Crime, and Vice Division executed a search warrant in the 300 block of East 24th Street following an investigation. Police took 50-year-old John Handy into custody without incident and recovered 81.3 grams of cocaine, 861.6 grams of marijuana, ammunition, drug paraphernalia, and $511 in currency.
Handy was charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in Tier 3 Quantity
- Possession of a Controlled Substance with the Intent to Deliver in Tier 3 Quantity
- Possession of a Controlled Substance with the Intent to Deliver
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in Tier 1 Quantity
- Breach of Release
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $147,000 cash-only bail.
Information is subject to change at any time. All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.