WILMINGTON, DE — Wilmington Police have arrested a man on gun and drug charges following an investigation.
The criminal complaint alleges that beginning in August, members of the Drug, Organized Crime, and Vice Division have been conducting an investigation into illegal drug sales in the 1200 block of Locust Street. On September 15, at approximately 6:05 a.m., police executed a search warrant in that block and took 34-year-old Wayne Ferguson into custody without incident. Police recovered a loaded 5.56 rifle, 484 grams of marijuana, $4,848, and drug paraphernalia.
Ferguson has been charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited – Three Counts
- Possession of a Controlled Substance with the Intent to Deliver
- Tampering with Physical Evidence
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child
- Resisting Arrest
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Ferguson was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and was committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $35,200 cash-only bail.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.