WILMINGTON, DE — Wilmington Police have arrested a wanted man on gun and drug charges.
Authorities state that on August 17 at approximately 8:05 p.m., members of the Safe Streets Task Force were in the 400 block of West 7th Street when they made contact with 34-year-old Nevone Stinson. Stinson, who was wanted on an unrelated matter, was found to be in possession of a loaded .22-caliber semi-automatic handgun and 40 grams of marijuana.
Stinson was taken into custody without incident and has been charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited – Two Counts
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Possession of a Firearm While Also in Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Marijuana
He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and was committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $8,001 cash-only bail.
Stinson had been previously arrested on March 4 when Wilmington’s Drug, Organized Crime, and Vice Division observed him engaged in hand-to-hand drug activity and recovered 5.5 grams of marijuana, .9 grams of cocaine, and drug paraphernalia. At the time, Stinson was charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance with the Intent to Deliver and related offenses.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
More For You
- Man Charged With Covid-Relief Fraud, Credit Card Fraud, and Identity Theft
- Three Indicted for Distributing Fentanyl and Methamphetamine Resulting In Death
- Man Pleads Guilty to Federal Drug Trafficking and Guns Possession Charges
- Man Pleads Guilty to Social Security Fraud
- PA Man Pleads Guilty to Drug and Gun Possession Charges
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.