PHILADELPHIA, PA — Travel restrictions will be in place weekdays from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM in August on several streets in the Tacony section of Philadelphia for construction to improve access and traffic movement in the vicinity of the Interstate 95 Cottman Avenue and Bridge Street interchanges, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
The work locations and restrictions are:
- Levick Street: Single lane closures and sidewalk closures in either or both directions between Keystone Street and the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge ramp for utility work and roadway and sidewalk construction;
- New State Road: Single lane closures northbound between Levick Street and Unruh Avenue for roadway and sidewalk construction;
- Elbridge Street: Single lane closures in both directions between Tacony Street and New State Road for roadway and sidewalk construction; and
- Milnor Street: Single lane closures in both directions between Bleigh Avenue and New State Road for track removal and roadway reconstruction.
Motorists are being advised to allow extra time for travel through the work areas. All scheduled activities are weather permitting.
The work is part of PennDOT’s I-95 Section CP3 project to construct new southbound I-95 on-ramp at Cottman Avenue and improve traffic flow on surface streets in the vicinity of the Cottman-Princeton Interchange.
- Motorists Warned About Delays: Several State Highways to be Restricted Next Week in Delaware County
- PennDOT Begins Improvements to MacDade Boulevard and I-476 Interchange
- Route 3 in Haverford Township: Motorists Should Expect Delays During Evening Hours
- Road Closure on Route 113 in Hilltown Township for Wednesday, August 10
- Eastbound Schuylkill Expressway to Close Next Week in Center City Philadelphia
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.