WILMINGTON, DE — Top master sommeliers, sommeliers, wine directors and on-premise buyers of the USA will gather in Chicago to judge wines at the 2024 Sommeliers Choice Awards. What makes Sommeliers Choice Awards unique is that this competition is judged by respected top master sommeliers, sommeliers, wine directors and on-premise buyers of USA – precisely the people who understand what is required of a given wine to add value and interest to the wine list or in the glass program.
The 2024 event has been moved to Chicago and will be organized on May 21, 2022, a day before USA Trade Tasting in Chicago. With the 2024 awards being hosted in Chicago, the awards will be able to attract national restaurant buyers and more master sommeliers from all over the USA. Here are some of the judges who will participate in the 2024 Sommeliers Choice Awards.
- WAYNE BELDING MS, Master Sommelier and Partner at Preferabli, Colorado
- PETER GRANOFF MS, Master Sommelier, Wine Educator, Speaker, Entrepreneur, San Francisco
- BRIAN KOZIOL MS, Master Sommelier at Maverick Beverage Company, Chicago
- RACHEL LOWE, Director of Beverage for Levy Restaurants.
- ALEXANDER POWELL MS, Master Sommelier and Senior Wine Manager at Grill 23 & Bar, Boston
- LISA SELMAN CSS, Alchemy Room Beverage Directo
- KYUNGMOON KIM MS, Master Sommelier
- VINCENT MORROW MS, Master Sommelier and Wine Director at PRESS Napa Valley, San Francisco
- BRANDON TEBBE, MS, Master Sommelier
- SERAFIN ALVARADO MSm Master Sommelier and Director of Wine Education at Southern Wine & Spirits
- JEREMY SHANKER MS, Corporate Wine Director at Mina Group and Master Sommelier
- SCOTT BARBER, President at Green Pin Wines
- LARISSA C DUBOSE, National Director Beverages- Dining Division at Paradies Lagardère and Wine Enthusiast Magazine Future 40, Vino Volo National Buyer
- BRANDON BIERLEIN, Director of Food & Beverage, Talbott Hotel Chicago
- GUILLERMO BRAVO, Beverage Director at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Chicago
- ALLISON CURATOLO, Wine Director RPM Italian Las Vegas
- ANIKA ELLISON, Wine Manager, Swift & Sons Steakhouse, Chicago
KRISTIN FRANCESCO, Sommelier at Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants, Chicago
- JAMIE HARRISON RUBIN, Procurement & Placements at Culinary Conservatory
- COLIN HOFER, General Manager of Restaurants, Four Seasons Chicago
- JENNIFER KNOTT, Director of Beverage for Levy at Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- JOSH KING, Director of Food and Beverage, Virgin Hotels, Chicago
- JOHN MARAFFA, Corporate Beverage Manager, Morton’s The Steakhouse | Strip House Steakhouse & Cocktail Lounge | Morton’s Grille
- JON MCDANIEL, Founder + CEO of Ottantadu
- TIFFANY TOBEY, Owner and Sommelier, Tiffany’s Toast, Dallas, Texas
The 2024 Sommeliers Choice Awards entry process is now open and the competition is accepting both international and domestic wines. Wines entered will get a detailed score breakdown, professional tasting notes and also professional feedback from judges.