WILMINGTON, DE — Wilmington Police have arrested a man on gun and drug charges.
Authorities state that on July 26 at approximately 3:41 p.m., members of the Street Crimes Unit were in the 600 block of West 5th Street when they made contact with 19-year-old Cartier Kent. Following a brief investigation, police recovered a loaded 9mm handgun, .084 grams of heroin, and 27.1 grams of marijuana. Police took Kent into custody without incident.
Kent was charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of an Untraceable Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm while also in Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (2 counts)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Marijuana
He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $58,000 cash-only bail.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Wilmington Police Arrest Suspect in Trolley Square Shoplifting Case
- Police Investigating Two Sexual Assaults in Philadelphia
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Homicide in Shooting Investigation
- Defense Attorney Charged with Promoting Prostitution
- Wilmington Police Arrest Claymont Man, Two Guns Seized
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.