ASTON, PA — On July 14, representatives from fourteen 14 credit unions and three legislators delivered 3,035 pounds of non-perishable food items as well as donated $26,100 to Philabundance’s South Philadelphia warehouse. Loree Jones, president of Philabundance expressed her gratitude for the credit unions’ continued support, emphasizing the need is often greater during the summer months when students are out of school.
Rep. Mike Zabel said it was great to see such overwhelming support from credit unions as well as his constituents. However, he stated he hopes there comes a time when children as well as adults don’t have to go hungry, and we no longer need to have food drives to offer assistance.
The following legislators and credit unions participated:
- Senator Maria Collett
- Representative Jennifer O’Mara
- Representative Mike Zabel
- American Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Ardent Credit Union
- Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union
- Freedom Credit Union
- Merck Sharpe & Dohme
- Norristown Bell Credit Union
- Penn Federal Credit Union
- Reliance Federal Credit Union
- Sun East Federal Credit Union
- Superior Federal Credit Union
- Tri County Federal Credit Union
- TruMark Financial® Credit Union
- Ukrainian Selfreliance Federal Credit Union
With inflation surging along with school programs paused for the summer, there has been an increase in the number of people needing assistance to feed their families. “Sun East is proud of our commitment to people helping people, and humbled by the generosity of our employees,” said Sun East’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Kaczenski.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- Penn America Energy Announces Appointment of Three Senior Executives
- Sun East Joins 13 Area Credit Unions and Three Legislators to Deliver 3,035 pounds of Food and Funds to Philabundance
- NRx Pharmaceuticals Appoints Stephen Willard as CEO
- Philadelphia HVAC and Plumbing Contractor Tracey Mechanical Celebrating 50 Years in Business
- Sun East SVP & CFO, Deborah Cook, Recognized as 2022 Chief Financial Officer of the Year by Philadelphia Business Journal
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.