DELAWARE COUNTY, PA — Several state highways in Delaware County will be restricted from Tuesday, September 6, through Friday, September 9, from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for crack sealing operations, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
The work locations are:
- Route 452 (Market Street/Pennell Road) between 10th Street and Marianville Road in Marcus Hook Borough, Lower Chichester, Upper Chichester, and Aston townships;
- Knowlton Road between Route 452 (Pennell Road) and Route 352 (New Middletown Road) in Aston and Middletown townships;
- Kerlin Street/8th Street between 9th Street and Main Street in Upland Borough and City of Chester;
- Route 320 (Chester Road) between Route 252 (Providence Road) and Baltimore Pike in Nether Providence and Springfield townships and Swarthmore Borough;
- College Avenue/Railroad Avenue between Darby Road and Carter Road in Haverford Township;
- Coopertown Road/Landover Road/County Line Road/Old Lancaster Road between College Avenue and U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) in Haverford Township;
- Lawrence Road between Route 3 (West Chester Pike) and Eagle Road in Haverford Township;
- Manoa Road between Eagle Road and Farwood Road in Haverford Township;
- Earlington Road between Township Line Road and Eagle Road in Haverford Township;
- Lynn Boulevard between Township Line Road and Route 3 (West Chester Pike) in Upper Darby Township; and
- Haverford Road/Karakung Drive between Eagle Road and Manoa Road in Haverford Township.
Drivers are being advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because backups and delays will occur. All operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
The work is part of a PennDOT project to perform crack sealing operations on state highways across the five-county Philadelphia region.
Road-Con, Inc. of West Chester, Chester County is the general contractor on the project, which is financed with 100% state funds.
More For You
- Traffic Alert: U.S. 1 Lane Closures in Concord, Chadds Ford, Pennsbury Townships
- Traffic Alert: Girard Point Bridge, I-95, I-295 Lane Closures in Philadelphia, Bucks Counties
- Backups and Delays: Several State Highways Restricted in Delaware County
- I-95, I-76 Among Several State Highways Restricted in Philadelphia, Delaware County
- Allow Extra Time: Henry Avenue Periodic Lane Closures in Place Until Late November
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.