PHILADELPHIA, PA — Northbound Interstate 95 is among state highways restricted this week in Philadelphia and Bucks counties for bridge inspection, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
The work schedules and locations are:
- Thursday, July 28, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, a moving left lane closure is scheduled on northbound City Avenue between the Interstate 76 and the Kelly Drive interchanges; and
- Thursday, July 28, from 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM, a moving right lane closure is scheduled on northbound I-95 between the Girard Avenue and the Allegheny Avenue interchanges.
- Wednesday, July 27, between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, a moving right lane closure is scheduled on northbound U.S. 1 (Martin Luther King Jr. Expressway) between the Fairless Hills and Morrisville interchanges in Fall Township; and
- Thursday, July 28, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a moving right lane closure is scheduled on southbound U.S. 1 (Martin Luther King Jr. Expressway ) between the Fairless Hills and Morrisville interchanges in Falls Township.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because slowdowns will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
The inspections are part of PennDOT’s program to inspect bridges at least once every two years. The inspections ensure the safety and overall condition of the structures.
- PennDOT Announces Highway Restrictions in Bucks County
- Drive Safely: PennDOT Announces Highway Resurfacing Projects in Philadelphia Region
- Road Closure on Route 113 in Hilltown Township for Wednesday, August 10
- Eastbound Schuylkill Expressway to Close Next Week in Center City Philadelphia
- PennDOT to Repair US 1 in Delaware and Chester Counties
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.