LITITZ, PA — PennDOT announced that a 1.5-mile resurfacing project is set to begin next week on Route 772 (Main Street) in Lititz Borough from Route 501 (Broad Street) eastward to the borough line. Also included is work on Water Street (Route 1035) from Route 772 (Main Street) to the Warwick Township line. Weather permitting, work will begin Wednesday, September 28.
Construction activities include base repairs, milling and overlay, and other miscellaneous activities. The contractor will begin the project by working on ADA curb ramps within the project limits. The remainder of the work is expected to be completed next spring.
There will be traffic shifts or single-lane traffic restrictions with flaggers assisting motorists through the work zone. No lane closures are permitted from 6:00 AM to 8:30 AM every day and from 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM on Fridays.
Access will be maintained on Water Street for the pedestrian walkway and trail at Lititz Run Bridge, and at the New Street Park Nature Trail at the Santo Domingo Creek bridge.
JVI Group, Inc., of York Springs is the prime contractor on this $1,260,025 project. Work is expected to be completed by May 19, 2023.
More For You
- PECO Utility Improvement Begins on New Galena Road in New Britain Township
- Safety Improvement Work Continues on MacDade Boulevard in Ridley Township
- Safety Improvement Project Continues on Henry Avenue in Philadelphia
- PECO Utility Improvement Begins on Butler Avenue in New Britain Township
- Barrier Installation Scheduled at Night on I-95, I-76 Ramp in Philadelphia and Bucks County
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.