WILMINGTON, DE — The Wilmington Police Department’s Cold Case Unit is asking for the assistance of the public in connection to the 2003 murder of Phillip Woody.
Authorities state that on March 23, 2003, at approximately 8:55 p.m., police were dispatched to the 800 block of North Spruce Street in reference to a shooting incident that had occurred. Police located 18-year-old Phillip Woody, who had been shot and succumbed to his injuries.
This investigation remains ongoing, and investigators are asking the public for assistance.
Anyone with information about this investigation, or any other cold case, is encouraged to contact the WPD Cold Case Unit:
- The Cold Case Unit office can be reached at (302) 576-3937
- Investigator Steven Rizzo can be reached at [email protected]
You can also provide information to Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or delawarecrimestoppers.org.
Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
More For You
- Wilmington Man Charged with Burglary
- Police Seek Public’s Help Identifying Suspects in QU Japanese Bistro Burglary
- Philadelphia Detectives Release Video of Armed Robbery Suspect
- $40,000 Reward Offered in Philadelphia Quintuple Shooting
- Police Seek Suspect in Kohl’s Theft: $1,000 Worth of Merchandise Stolen
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.