PHILADELPHIA, PA — The Philadelphia Police Department needs your help identifying a vehicle involved in a hit and run that occurred on July 14, 2021, at 5:05 am on the 1700 block of Oregon Avenue.
Authorities state that an unknown person was operating an unknown vehicle traveling west on Oregon Avenue and struck parked an unoccupied vehicle #1 on the driver’s side mirror and drivers side fender causing scratches and breaking the mirror. This vehicle then struck the rear of 2nd parked and unoccupied pushing it forward striking the rear of a 3rd parked and unoccupied vehicle. Vehicle #2 has severe damage to the rear bumper and driver’s side rear wheel as well as severe damage to the front bumper and hood. Vehicle #3 has damage to the rear bumper and exhaust.
Surveillance video recovered from the area captured the incident on video and appears to be a white late model Kia Optima with chrome door handles, dark tinted windows and what appears to be a purple/pink glowing “lyft” style sign on the front dashboard that can be seen glowing through the front windshield.
After striking the parked vehicles, the vehicle fled west on Oregon Ave with severe damage to the front of the vehicle.
- Suspect Vehicle: white late model Kia Optima with chrome door handles, dark tinted windows and what appears to be a purple/pink glowing “lyft” style sign on the front dashboard that can be seen glowing through the front windshield.
- If you see this suspect do not approach, contact 911 immediately.
- To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to 215.686.TIPS (8477).
- Use this electronic form to submit a tip anonymously.
- All tips will be confidential.
Information is subject to change at any time. All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.