PHILADELPHIA, PA — In a collective fundraising effort to support abortion access, makers and bakers from all over Philadelphia are joining forces for a virtual bake sale titled “Bakers Against Racism: Protect Our Bodies,” an initiative that was first organized by Washington D.C. chefs Paola Velez, Willa Lou Pelini, and Rob Rubba in 2020. This is the second time in which Philadelphia bakers are hosting this sale.
Among those participating in the “Make & Bake” sale are Justine MacNeil of Fiore Fine Foods, Alexandra Holt of Roxanne BYOB, baology, Kismet Bagels, Cake Life Bake Shop, High Street Hospitality, Little Fish, Bridget Foy’s, Flakely, El Merkury, New June Bakery, Eclat Chocolate, Alexandra Crossman, Elisa Ludwig, Davina Soondrum, Andy Tessier, Adrian Carnecchia, Stephanie Arbelo, Noelle Blizzard, and more. Each maker/baker has chosen a charitable organization to benefit from the sale, raising money for groups including the following:
- Abortion Liberation Fund of PA
- The Brigid Alliance (National)
- Women’s Reproductive Rights Assistance Project (WRRAP) (National)
- National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF)
- The Women’s Centers (Philly + Delco)
A directory of makers + bakers and their offerings will be made available via an online directory (this will be continuously updated) here.
“I’m so grateful and impressed by all of the Philly makers and bakers coming together to raise money for a good cause,” said baology’s Judy Ni, who is organizing the sale. “From the moment we put out that we were hosting another bake sale, the restaurant industry and Philly community stepped up, as it always does, and met the moment. We are looking forward to raising even more money than last time and bringing attention to this very important cause that affects women, couples, and families throughout our country. Every little bit counts, especially during times like these, and we’re very grateful for everyone involved. We hope this sale will also bring more awareness to this complex issue as well as the impact it has on the daily lives of so many of our fellow citizens.”
Pickup locations will vary but cover multiple locations Sunday, August 7th at various locations including Headhouse Farmer’s Market, Cake Life, Flourish Market, Her Place, Roxanne BYOB, and Little Fish, as well as Monday, August 8th at baology, South Philly Co-op, High Street, and Milk Jawn.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- AgroFresh Expands VitaFresh Botanicals Plant-based Platform; Receives Organic Certification
- AgroFresh Solutions to Participate in the Canaccord Genuity 42nd Annual Growth Conference
- The Philadelphia Eagles Team Up with The Bellwether District for Community-Based and Sustainability Initiatives
- Rittenhouse Realty Advisors and CVA Commercial Group Form Strategic Partnership
- Qlik Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: U.S. Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms 2022 Vendor Assessment
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.