NORRISTOWN, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced it will host a hiring event at its Montgomery County Maintenance facility next week, to reach qualified candidates to fill vacancies.
Those interested in a career with PennDOT are encouraged to attend the following event:
- Wednesday, October 4, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Montgomery County Maintenance facility, Swede Road and Johnson Highway, Norristown, PA 19401. Applicants must enter the parking lot off Swede Road. For more information, please call 610-275-2368.
Applicants are encouraged to view open positions on employment.pa.gov and submit their application through the employment website whether they can attend or not attend the hiring event. Prospective candidates may also view other positions on the employment website available in the Philadelphia region and statewide and do not have to live in the county for the job they are applying for.
Examples of open positions include:
- Winter Maintenance Positions;
- Transportation Equipment Operator-A;
- Transportation Equipment Operator Trainee;
- Diesel Construction Equipment Mechanic;
- Automotive Mechanic; and
- Highway Maintenance Worker.
If for any reason an applicant cannot complete an application on the website before the scheduled hiring event, staff with laptops will be available to help interested participants navigate the electronic application system.
For positions that require a Commercial Driver’s License, PennDOT will conduct on-the-spot interviews for CDL operators. Driving tests may also be administered the same day. CDL operators should bring their current driver’s license and medical examiner certificate to the event. Requirements for a CDL will be posted on the job description on the employment website. Please note, PennDOT will train an employee for a CDL if hired for the Transportation Equipment Operator Trainee position.
PennDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting workforce diversity.