PHILADELPHIA, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced that construction will begin on Monday, August 2, on a project to inspect, maintain, and repair one pump station in Bucks County and four pump stations in Philadelphia.
Under this project, the upgrades will improve stormwater drainage of state highways within the vicinity of each pump station. The stations scheduled for improvements are located along the following corridors:
- Route 413 (Veterans Highway) and U.S. 13 (Bristol Pike) Intersection in Bristol Township and Bristol Borough, Bucks County;
- 10th Street and Winter Street Intersection in Philadelphia;
- Interstate 676 at the 22nd Street overpass in Philadelphia;
- Front Street and Dock Street Intersection in Philadelphia; and
- Christopher Columbus Boulevard at the Interstate 95 North Interchange in Philadelphia.
Beginning Monday, August 2, through Friday, August 6, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, construction will begin inside the Front Street and Dock Street pump station. Motorist may encounter periodic shoulder closures.
Carr & Duff Inc., of Huntingdon Valley, Montgomery County, is the general contractor on the $2,407,865 project, which is financed with 100 percent state funds. Construction on the entire project is expected to finish in summer 2023.
Motorists can check current road conditions by visiting the MyChesCo Traffic Center.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.