From May 8 to May 11, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will conduct crack sealing operations on various state highways in Philadelphia. These operations will take place from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning.
The work locations are:
- State Road between Grant Avenue and Cottman Avenue;
- Grant Avenue between Bustleton Avenue and State Road;
- Route 63 (Woodhaven Road) between Evans Street and Millbrook Road;
- Delaware Avenue/Richmond Street between Columbia Avenue and Sergeant Street;
- Rhawn Street between State Road and Oxford Avenue; and
- Broad Street between Hamilton Street and Indiana Avenue.
If you’re driving through work areas, remember to allow extra time due to possible backups and delays, according to PennDOT. Operations are weather-dependent and may change.
This work is part of a project by PennDOT to seal cracks on state highways across five counties in Philadelphia. The general contractor is Road-Con, Inc. from West Chester, Chester County. The entire $2.2 million project is funded by the state.
Drivers can check current road conditions by visiting the MyChesCo Traffic Center. Stay updated on the latest news and information from MyChesCo with our free newsletter. Follow MyChesCo on Twitter at twitter.com/MyChesCo and like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MyChesCo.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.