Starting May 15, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will be conducting crack sealing operations on a number of Philadelphia’s state highways. The operation will run from 7 PM to 5 AM the following day, through to Thursday, May 18.
The work locations are:
- Grant Avenue between Bustleton Avenue and State Road;
- Rhawn Street between State Road and Oxford Avenue;
- B Street between Allegheny Avenue and Erie Avenue;
- Rising Sun Avenue between U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Boulevard) and Oxford Avenue; and
- Verree Road between Oxford Avenue and Route 532 (Bustleton Avenue).
To ensure smooth travel, drivers are advised to allow extra time when passing through work areas as backups may occur. Please note that all operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
The road works are a part of a larger PennDOT project aimed at crack sealing on state highways across the Philadelphia region’s five counties. The general contractor on this project is Road-Con, Inc. from West Chester, Chester County. The $2.2 million project is financed entirely by state funds.
Drivers can check current road conditions by visiting the MyChesCo Traffic Center. Stay updated on the latest news and information from MyChesCo with our free newsletter. Follow MyChesCo on Twitter at twitter.com/MyChesCo and like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MyChesCo.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.