PHILADELPHIA, PA — Motorists will encounter periodic lane closures on Cobbs Creek Parkway on Monday, August 1, through Friday, August 5, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, for delineator installation and line striping under a project to install safety enhancements to improve travel and reduce high-speed crashes across the five-county Philadelphia region, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
The work locations are:
- Cobbs Creek Parkway between 58th Street and Ashland Avenue; and
- Cobbs Creek Parkway between 59th Street and Pentridge Street.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because backups and delays may occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
Kuharchik Construction, INC. of Exeter, is the general contractor on this $5,996,57 project, which is financed with 100 percent federal funds. Work on the entire project is expected to be completed in spring 2023.
- Drivers Will Encounter Road Closures, Detours and Delays in Bucks County
- Weekend Closure of Aramingo Avenue, Philadelphia Motorists to Be Detoured
- Westbound I-76 Lane Closure Begins Sunday
- Road Closures in West Rockhill Township and Sellersville Borough, Bucks County
- Moving Road Closure on Route 32 (River Road) Through August 31
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.