WILMINGTON, DE — Wilmington Police have arrested a New Castle man on gun and drug charges.
On August 9 at approximately 9:15 p.m., members of the Safe Streets Task Force were in the 300 block of West 7th Street. Police attempted to make contact with 21-year-old Byeer Cherry of New Castle. Cherry attempted to flee on foot but was quickly taken into custody without incident. Police recovered a loaded 9mm handgun and 18 grams of marijuana.
Cherry was charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Firearm while also in Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Possession of Marijuana
He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $7,251 secured bail.
More For You
- Former Caretaker Charged With Assaulting 10 Additional Victims
- Philadelphia Police Seek Public’s Help Identifying Suspects in Robbery
- Wilmington Drug Bust Nets Crack Cocaine, Ecstasy, and Marijuana
- Wilmington Police Investigating Fatal Shooting
- Police Investigating Burglary in Southwest Philadelphia
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.