MONTGOMERY COUNTY, PA — Eastbound Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) motorists will encounter a single lane closure between the U.S. 202 and Conshohocken (Route 23) interchanges in Upper Merion Township and West Conshohocken Borough, Montgomery County, on Sunday, August 7, through Friday, August 12, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for roadway borings, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
Motorists are being advised to use an alternate route or allow more time for travel in the work area because significant backups and slowdowns may occur. The schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
The borings are part of advance engineering activities for the upcoming projects to construct flexible travel lanes on sections of I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) in Montgomery County.
- Traffic Alert: Commuters Urged to Avoid 202 in Norristown on Thursday
- PECO Energy Reducing U.S. 30 to One Lane for Utility Construction
- Major Highways Restricted in Philadelphia, Chester, and Montgomery Counties
- Left Lane Closure on I-76 for ITS Repair, Motorists Advised to Use Caution
- PennDOT Begins Pipe Repair on Eastbound 422 in Montgomery County
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.