RADNOR, PA — Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: MRNS) recently reported business highlights and preliminary U.S. ZTALMY® net product revenue for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2022.
“We are pleased with the successful launch of ZTALMY resulting from the strong commercial foundation established and look forward to another pivotal year for Marinus and ganaxolone,” said Steven Pfanstiel, Chief Financial Officer of Marinus. “This launch progress validates our focused commercial investment approach for the CDKL5 deficiency disorder indication which we anticipate could become cash flow accretive within two years of launch. The investment also positions the company for its future as we continue to explore the full potential of ganaxolone for patients with seizure disorders.”
- Continued to execute U.S. commercial launch of ZTALMY® (ganaxolone) oral suspension CV, resulting in preliminary unaudited net product revenue of between $2.2 and $2.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2022 and between $2.8 and $2.9 million for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2022
- Consistent growth in new commercial patient enrollments with approximately 40 completed CDKL5 deficiency disorder (CDD) prescription enrollment forms received from over 30 unique accounts in the fourth quarter of 2022, the first full quarter following the launch
- Over 90 total completed CDD prescription enrollment forms received as of December 31, 2022, inclusive of clinical trial patient transitions and new commercial patients
- Greater than 75% of CDD patients with completed prescription enrollment forms were able to receive reimbursed therapy by the end of the fourth quarter of 2022
- As of December 31, 2022, ZTALMY received favorable coverage determinations from 28 payers representing approximately 93 million commercial lives, or 65% of commercial plans
- Total coverage for ZTALMY increased to approximately 183 million lives, including both commercial and government programs
The preliminary fourth quarter and full-year 2022 net product revenue results included in this release were calculated prior to the completion of a review by the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm and are therefore subject to adjustment.
- Continue to target topline data for the ongoing Phase 3 trials in refractory status epilepticus (RAISE) and tuberous sclerosis complex (TrustTSC) in the second half of 2023 and first quarter of 2024, respectively
- Second generation formulation program continues to advance with an update planned in the first quarter of 2023
For more information visit www.marinuspharma.com.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.