LANCASTER, PA — The Manheim Township Police Department announced it is hiring full-time police officers. The Department is joining with the Elizabethtown Borough and Columbia Borough Police Departments for a joint hiring test. Interested parties can complete one application to test for all three departments.
Officials state that while each agency has its own specific requirements, an acceptable applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have reached their 21st birthday prior to the completion of the police academy
- Have graduated from an accredited high school or possess a GED
- Be physically and mentally capable of performing all of the necessary job-related tasks that are part of the role of a Police Officer
- For all three departments, Pennsylvania Act 120 certification is preferred, but not required.
Interested parties can apply by downloading a copy of the job application here. You may also pick up an application at either the Elizabethtown Police Department, the Columbia Borough Police Department, or the Manheim Township Police Department. Applications may either be returned by mail to the Elizabethtown Police Department, Attention: Hiring, 600 South Hanover Street, Elizabethtown PA, 17022, or emailed back to [email protected]. Applications must be received (or postmarked) by the deadline of 4:00 PM, Friday, March 18, 2022, and must be accompanied by a non-refundable $50.00 application fee made out to the Elizabethtown Police Training Fund.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.