BUCKS COUNTY, PA — A weekday lane closure is scheduled on New Falls Road between Route 413 (Veterans Highway) and Bristol Oxford Valley Road in Middletown and Bristol townships, Bucks County, on Monday, August 29, through Friday, September 9, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, for roadway construction under a project to improve pedestrian safety on a nearly one-mile-long section of New Falls Road, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
Motorists are being advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because backups and delays may occur.
Under this project, PennDOT states that its contractor will construct sidewalks alongside a section of New Falls Road. In addition, the safety improvement plan includes the installation of crosswalk pavement markings to delineate pedestrian routes along the corridor; the installation of pedestrian signal equipment in conjunction with the addition of ADA curb ramps to further improve pedestrian safety; and the addition of protected left-turn traffic signals to improve motorist safety.
Marino Corporation of Skippack, Montgomery County, is the general contractor on the $1.4 million project, which is financed with 100 percent federal funds. Work on the project is expected to finish in spring 2024.
More For You
- Traffic Alert: U.S. 1 Lane Closures in Concord, Chadds Ford, Pennsbury Townships
- Traffic Alert: Girard Point Bridge, I-95, I-295 Lane Closures in Philadelphia, Bucks Counties
- Backups and Delays: Several State Highways Restricted in Delaware County
- I-95, I-76 Among Several State Highways Restricted in Philadelphia, Delaware County
- Allow Extra Time: Henry Avenue Periodic Lane Closures in Place Until Late November
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.