LANCASTER, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will host a recruitment event for job seekers to learn about the following positions the department offers in Lancaster County:
- Winter temporary and permanent CDL operator (starting pay is $21.00/hr.)
- Diesel and construction equipment mechanic (starting pay is $25.91/hr.)
- Transportation equipment operator trainee (starting pay is $19.38/hr.)
- Automotive mechanic (starting pay is $22.80/hr.)
A job fair will be held from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM Wednesday, August 24 at the Lancaster County Maintenance Office, 2105 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster PA 17602. For more information, call 717-299-7621.
Staff will reportedly be available to discuss current and future openings within the commonwealth for CDL operators, who must have a valid Pennsylvania (PA) CDL Class A or B with no restrictions, and diesel and construction equipment mechanics, who must have a valid CDL and a PA Class 7 inspector mechanic certification. Both positions also require a current medical examiner certificate.
On-the-spot applications, interviews, and driving skills testing will take place. Applicants need to bring their current CDL license and medical examiner’s card.
Laptops and staff will be available to help interested participants navigate the new electronic application system. Human Resources staff will be on-hand to discuss benefit options and opportunities for permanent employment.
To learn more about commonwealth employment opportunities, visit www.employment.pa.gov.
More For You
- Azzur Group Is ‘Great Place to Work-Certified’ for Second Year in a Row
- Chester County to Host Human Services and Behavioral Health Job Fair
- ICYMI: PennDOT Hosting Recruitment Event in Lancaster County
- Job Fair: PennDOT Is Hiring CDL Drivers for the Winter Season
- Southern Chester County Regional Police Department Seeks Part-Time Officer
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.