PHILADELPHIA, PA — The ramp from northbound Interstate 95 to eastbound Interstate 76/ Packer Avenue (Exit 19) in South Philadelphia is scheduled to close for at least two-to-three weeknights between Monday, September 26, and Friday, October 7, from 7:00 PM to 6:00 AM the following morning for paving under a project to perform high-priority repairs on 13 structures on I-95, Interstate 295 and Interstate 476 in Philadelphia, Bucks and Delaware counties, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
During the closure, northbound I-95 motorists will be directed to follow the posted detour using Broad Street (Route611)/Pattison Avenue (Exit 17) to access eastbound I-76.
Drivers are being advised to allow extra time when traveling near the work area because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
Driscoll Construction Company, Inc. of Philadelphia is the general contractor on the $43.3 million project, which is financed with 100% federal funds.
More For You
- Traffic Delays Expected: PennDOT to Restrict Several Roads Next Week
- Delaware County: Several State Highways Restricted Next Week
- U.S. 202 Motorists Will Encounter Lane Closures in Bridgeport and Norristown
- PennDOT to Replace Aquetong Road Culvert Over Branch of Aquetong Creek in Solebury Township
- U.S. 1 North (Roosevelt Expressway) Nighttime Lane Closures Next Week in Philadelphia
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.