PHILADELPHIA, PA — The Philadelphia Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a suspect and vehicle involved in a hit-and-run that struck an 85-year-old woman.
Authorities state that on Friday, September 24, 2021, at approximately 12:27 pm, an auto vs. pedestrian crash occurred in the 9th District at the intersection of 21st St and Chestnut St, resulting in critical injuries.
The preliminary investigation revealed that a Dark Gray Ford Fusion was traveling south on 21st St making a left turn onto eastbound Chestnut St when it struck an 85-year-old female who was walking south on 21st St in the crosswalk crossing Chestnut St. Both the Ford Fusion and the pedestrian had a green traffic signal. After striking the pedestrian the vehicle fled the scene of the crash. Medic transported the pedestrian to Penn Presbyterian Hospital where she was last reported in critical condition.
- Suspect Vehicle: Dark Gray Ford Fusion 2010 to 2012 model year with a sunroof, chrome-colored front grille, sport alloy wheels, last seen turning left onto N/B 20th Street.
- If you see this suspect do not approach, contact 911 immediately.
- To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to 215.686.TIPS (8477).
- Use this electronic form to submit a tip anonymously.
- All tips will be confidential.
If you have any information about this crime or this suspect please contact the Philadelphia Police Department’s Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180 or 3181, references DC 21-09-031125 and A.I.D. 21-2204.
Information is subject to change at any time. All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.