CHADDS FORD, PA — Southbound U.S. 1 (Baltimore Pike) motorists in Delaware County will encounter a lane closure between U.S. 322 (Conchester Highway) and U.S. 202 (Wilmington Pike) from 9:00 PM Friday, July 29, through 9:00 PM Sunday, July 31, for concrete patching operations under a project to repair and resurface approximately six miles of the highway in Chadds Ford and Concord townships, Delaware County, and Pennsbury Township, Chester County, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
Under this U.S. 1 (Baltimore Pike) improvement project, PennDOT state that its contractor will mill, overlay, and rehabilitate the existing pavement; perform concrete patching and concrete base repair as needed; construct new concrete curbed median; install new pavement markings, rumble strips, delineators, and signs; and upgrade guiderail and curb ramps.
Allan Myers, LP of Worcester, Montgomery County is the general contractor on the $13.7 million project, which is financed with 80% federal and 20% state funds.
- Motorists Warned About Delays: Several State Highways to be Restricted Next Week in Delaware County
- PennDOT Begins Improvements to MacDade Boulevard and I-476 Interchange
- Route 3 in Haverford Township: Motorists Should Expect Delays During Evening Hours
- Road Closure on Route 113 in Hilltown Township for Wednesday, August 10
- Eastbound Schuylkill Expressway to Close Next Week in Center City Philadelphia
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.