PHILADELPHIA, PA — Once again, Chris’ Jazz Café is Mardi Gras central when the legendary club hosts its Fat Tuesday celebration on February 21 from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. It will certainly be a night of all things NOLA — crawdads, jambalaya, Hurricanes, Sazerac and King Cake! Chris’ Chef/Owner Mark DeNinno has created a special menu featuring crawfish, frog legs, jambalaya, gumbo and all the Fat Tuesday traditions. “We decided to present the beloved Bayou crustacean three different ways: Crawfish buckets; a Crawfish Cheesesteak; and even savory Crawfish Ice Cream!”
“You can’t have a Mardi Gras party without music…or a parade,” said DeNinno. The Hoppin’ John Orchestra, a 10-piece unit with horns galore and second-line grooves, returns for another year. Mardi Gras lovers or anyone up for an early-week celebration involving great music, serious deliciousness and loads of fun is encouraged to swing in during happy hour and join the parade at 7 p.m. (weather permitting) that struts east on the 1500 block of Chestnut Street, then turns right onto Broad Street and then right onto Sansom and rolls directly onto Chris’ stage. Everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Show times are 7 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. Admission is $20.
Here’s the Mardi Gras menu:
- Crawfish Buckets
- 1 lb. Bucket of crawfish ($15)
- Bucket Supreme, which includes corn, potato and gator sausage ($20)
- Traditional Gumbo ($13)
- Fried Frog Legs with Cajun remoulade ($13)
- Bayou Seafood Cake with lemon Dijon sauce ($15)
- Chayote and Grilled Corn Salad with red onions, tomato and chili lime vinaigrette ($13)
- Crawfish Cheesesteak ($15)
- Shaved ribeye, crawfish tails, Cooper sharp American with Cajun remoulade on a seeded baguette
- Slow cooked Barbecued Pork ($15)
- Toasted brioche bun with Tidewater coleslaw and frizzled onions
- Grilled Shrimp and smoked Gouda grits with Cajun butter ($27)
- Jambalaya ($27)
- Shrimp, chicken, andouille, sausage, peppers, and onions, spicy Cajun rice
- Pan Seared Catfish ($26)
- Red beans and rice with a smoked fish beurre blanc
- Pan Roasted Chicken ($26)
- Sautéed mustard greens, caramelized onion, Madeira chicken jus
- Tri-colored Spaghetti ($24)
- Vegetables, creamy broccoli rabe pesto
- Savory crawfish ice cream
- House made beignets filled with Mayhall jelly
- Ricotta and honey with black mission figs and balsamic reduction
- S’mores crème brûlée
Chris’ Jazz Café, located at 1421 Sansom Street, is Philadelphia’s longest continuously operating jazz club. Enjoy live jazz Tuesdays through Saturdays. For information on General Admission tickets, Dinner & Show packages, VIP seating or to make reservations, call 215.568.3131 or visit http://www.ChrisJazzCafe.com.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.