The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced that bridge deck modification, milling and paving will begin on Monday, March 20, on the structure that carries Route 113 (Souderton Road) over Route 309 (Sellersville Bypass) in Hilltown Township, Bucks County.
The work schedule and location are:
- Monday, March 20, through Friday, May 26, a single lane closure will be in place 24/7 on westbound Route 113 (Souderton Road) between Bethlehem Pike and County Line Road. Traffic shifts will also be in place on Route 113 (Souderton Road) in both directions over Route 309 (Sellersville Bypass).
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
The work is part of a $56.3 million project to rehabilitate the pavement and repair several structures on a 9.1-mile section of Route 309 (Sellersville Bypass). Under this project, PennDOT stated that its contractor will reconstruct and rehabilitate the Route 309 corridor (Sellersville Bypass) from Unionville Pike in Hatfield Township, Montgomery County, to just north of Rich Hill Road in Richland Township, Bucks County.
The improvement plan includes the following:
- Milling and overlay;
- Reconstructing shoulders;
- Installing new guide rail and median barrier;
- Replacing two bridge superstructures;
- Rehabilitating eight Route 309 bridges, four overhead bridges and four culverts;
- Repairing concrete ditches;
- Installing drainage improvements, new pavement markings and signs; and
- Integrating Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
James D. Morrissey, Inc. of Philadelphia is the general contractor on the project, which is financed with 80% federal and 20% state funds. The entire project is scheduled to finish in the summer of 2023.
Motorists can check current road conditions by visiting the MyChesCo Traffic Center. Stay updated on the latest news and information from MyChesCo with our free newsletter. Follow MyChesCo on Twitter at twitter.com/MyChesCo and like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MyChesCo.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.