TREVOSE, PA — The Advertising Specialty Institute recently announced the honorees of the 2022 Counselor Awards, including Jim Shannon, CEO of S&S Activewear, the industry’s third largest promotional products supplier with over $1.5 billion in 2021 North American promo revenue, as Person of the Year, and John Lynch, founder of leading European decorator Lynka, as International Person of the Year.
ASI serves a network of 25,000 suppliers, distributors, and decorators in the $23.2 billion promotional products industry. Counselor Award recipients were honored at an awards ceremony during ASI’s 23rd annual Chicago trade show.
“ASI’s Counselor Awards honor the promotional products industry’s fortitude, self-reliance and success, exemplified now more than ever by this year’s honorees,” said ASI CEO Timothy M. Andrews.
In the past 18 months, Shannon orchestrated major acquisitions of former Top 40 supplier TSC Apparel and TSF Sportswear and arranged the sale of S&S to a private equity firm. S&S is also a leader on several major fronts, including sustainability.
In 2021, Lynch sold majority ownership of his Polish-based company, launched a new print-on-demand business, and published a novel. The humanitarian also launched Corporate Aid for Ukraine (CAU), while transporting Ukrainian refugees to shelters and homes of Polish citizens.
With $822 million in North American promotional products sales, HALO Branded Solutions remained the No. 1 distributor for the second year in a row. SanMar once again topped the supplier list with an estimated $2.88 billion in sales.
- Technology Executive of the Year: Mike Knapick, SanMar CIO
- Distributor Entrepreneur of the Year: Lisa Smith, Republic Promos founder
- Supplier Entrepreneur of the Year: Amin Siddiqui, imprintID founder
- Distributor Family Business of the Year: Barker Specialty
- Supplier Family Business of the Year: Shelbyville Pencil Company/Shepenco
- Woman of Distinction: Debbie Abergel, Nadel chief strategy officer
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Fred Oesen, co-founder of Team Task Force and former ASI Canada VP
- Bess Cohn Humanitarian Award: Ben Grossman, co-president of Grossman Marketing Group and SwagCycle founder
Counselor Awards are nominated by industry peers and chosen by an in-house committee. Recipients are featured in Counselor magazine’s annual State of the Industry (SOI) issue.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- WETHRIVV Launches Campaign to Empower Hair Loss Sufferers
- Antengene Announces ATG-101 Granted Orphan Drug Designation by the U.S. FDA
- Windtree to Present at the Ladenburg Thalmann Healthcare Conference
- West Chester Resident Named New Chief Financial Officer of Anthony & Sylvan Pools
- MODERATO II Control Patients Crossover Extension Study Results Presented
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.