WILMINGTON, DE — A Wilmington Police investigation has resulted in an arrest in connection with a July 31 shooting incident.
Authorities state that on July 31 at approximately 3:23 a.m., police located a 26-year-old male gunshot victim who arrived at the hospital in critical condition. A subsequent investigation determined that the injury was the result of a shooting incident that took place in the area of 10th and Kirkwood Streets.
The case was assigned to Detective Devon Jones of the Criminal Investigations Division. Through the course of his investigation, Detective Jones identified 32-year-old Aaron Smith as a suspect. An arrest warrant was secured for the suspect, who was taken into custody without incident by members of the Street Crimes Unit on August 11.
Smith was charged with the following offenses:
- Assault 1st Degree
- Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (2 counts)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $75,000 cash-only bail.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
More For You
- Man Charged With Covid-Relief Fraud, Credit Card Fraud, and Identity Theft
- Three Indicted for Distributing Fentanyl and Methamphetamine Resulting In Death
- Man Pleads Guilty to Federal Drug Trafficking and Guns Possession Charges
- Man Pleads Guilty to Social Security Fraud
- PA Man Pleads Guilty to Drug and Gun Possession Charges
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.