PHILADELPHIA, PA — The Archdiocese of Philadelphia announced that Archbishop Nelson J. Pérez will lead a pre-dawn Eucharistic Adoration, Benediction, and reflection outside the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown, Bucks County as part of Sonrise Festival, a prayerful Holy Week gathering of young adults.
He will join participants afterward at the shrine’s cafeteria for small group discussions and breakfast.
Saturday, April 1, 2023
National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa
654 Ferry Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
The Sonrise Festival will consist of live Stations of the Cross outside the shrine, followed by small group reflections around bonfires, and a Holy Hour at sunrise accompanied by live music and a reflection. The theme for this Holy Week initiative is His Mercies are New Every Morning: the Journey from Darkness to Light.
- 4:30 a.m. – Outdoor Live Stations of the Cross guided by Father Timothy Tarnacki, O.S.P.P.E.
- 5:20 a.m. – Small group reflections around bonfires
- 5:45 a.m. – Brief break
- 6:00 a.m. – Holy Hour with reflections and music
- 7:00 a.m. – Benediction and reflection led by Archbishop Pérez at sunrise
- 7:30 a.m. – Small group reflections and breakfast inside the shrine
The Sonrise Festival is organized by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office for Ministry with Young Adults in collaboration with The National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa’s Czestochowa Young Adults Ministry, and Peak Encounter Ministries.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.