READING, PA — The Berks County Parks and Recreation Department invites everyone to come out to the annual “Holiday Lights at Gring’s Mill” program during the month of December.
Starting Friday, December 3, visitors can walk throughout the beautiful grounds of Gring’s Mill park to view the spectacular light display that highlights the historic buildings and landscaping around the park. “Holiday Lights at Gring’s Mill” will be open from 6 PM to 9 PM nightly, Fridays through Sundays from December 3 to December 19, Monday, December 20 to Thursday, December 23, and again after Christmas from Sunday, December 26 through Thursday, December 30. Parking is FREE.
After marveling at the walk-through light display, visitors can enjoy food and beverages from local food trucks, warm up beside a cozy fire pit and listen to live music in the pavilion each night from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Strolling Santas will make appearances throughout the month to delight and visit with children while Belsnickel will stop by to check which children have been naughty or nice as he walks the grounds of the park. King Winter and his wintery friends will make a special visit on December 18 and 21 to harken the start of the winter season! Kids of all ages will love watching the model train display in the former generator station building on the bridge. Masks are required to enter the building. A list of the live entertainment and food trucks scheduled for each evening can be found below.
This year’s Holiday Lights lineup is supported by Reading Eagle Company, WEEU 830AM, WFMZ Channel 69. Berks County Parks and Recreation Department is making a special shoutout and thank you to Anewalt’s Landscaping, Beck Tree, and Geissler’s Tree Farm for their donations and support as well.
For more information about Holiday Lights at Gring’s Mill or any of the live performances, please contact Lisa Gauker at 610-374-2944 x2611 or at [email protected].
2021 Holiday Lights at Gring’s Mill – Live Entertainment and Food Truck Schedule:
- Friday, Dec 3 – Wendy Thompson, Harpist, Strolling Santa, Mad J’s BBQ, Beansies
- Saturday, Dec 4 – Wendy Thompson, Harpist, Belsnickel, The Nacho Depot, Beansies
- Sunday, Dec 5 – Strolling Santa, Mad J’s BBQ, Beansies
- Friday, Dec 10 – Mount Laurel Brass, Belsnickel, Which Way Sandwiches
- Saturday, Dec 11 – Dave Kline presents: A Mountain Folk Christmas, The Caboose Crew
- Sunday, Dec 12 – Wendy Thompson, Harpist, Strolling Santa, Mad J’s BBQ
- Friday, Dec 17 – Berks Tubadors, Belsnickel, Which Way Sandwiches, Perk Up Truck
- Saturday, Dec 18 – Brass Menagerie, King Winter,Castanedas Food Truck, Perk Up Truck
- Sunday, Dec 19 – Stephanie Grace, Strolling Santa, Mad J’s BBQ, Perk Up Truck
- Monday, Dec 20 – Emme Ryan, Castanedas Food Truck, Perk Up Truck
- Tuesday, Dec 21 – King Winter on the Winter Solstice, Castanedas Food Truck, Perk Up Truck
- Wednesday, Dec 22 – Reading Choral Society, Which Way Sandwiches, Perk Up Truck
- Thursday, Dec 23 – Ken Gehret & Irish Mist, Strolling Santa, Castanedas Food Truck, Perk Up Truck
- Sunday, Dec 26 – Emme Ryan, Mad J’s BBQ
- Monday, Dec 27 – Emme Ryan, Wow Wagon
- Tuesday, Dec 28 – Wow Wagon
- Wednesday, Dec 29 – Wow Wagon
- Thursday, Dec 30 – Wow Wagon
This program is presented by the Berks County Parks and Recreation Department. For more information, call 610-374-2944, visit www.countyofberks.com/parks. Gring’s Mill Recreation Area is located at 2083 Tulpehocken Road, Wyomissing, PA 19610
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.